OWNER AND DATA COLLECTOR
Boxer Fan Club – a division of Liquid Ventures, LLC
5042 Wilshire Blvd. #14264
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers’ needs.
Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
What information is collected?
When you visit this website you may provide us with two types of information:
- Email Information: If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- Web Site Use Information: Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
How and where is the data processed?
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Purposes of Processing
Broadly speaking, the Owner uses personal information for purposes of administering his business activities, providing the products and services the User requests, to monitor the use of the service, the Owner’s marketing and promotional efforts and improve the Owner’s content and service offerings, customize the Owner’s site content, layout, services and for other lawful purposes. These uses improve the Owner’s site and better tailor it to meet the User’s needs.
Furthermore, such information may be shared with others on an aggregate basis. Personally identifiable information or business information will not be shared with parties except as required by law.
Occasionally, the Owner may also use the information he collects to notify the User about important changes to the Website, new services, and special offers the Owner thinks the User will find valuable. The User may notify the Owner at any time if he does not wish to receive these offers by emailing the Owner at the email address provided on the emails sent.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes:
- Contacting the User
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Managing support and contact requests
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Managing landing and invitation pages
- Surveys & Contests: From time-to-time, our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user, therefore, has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Contacting the User
By emailing the Owner or by filling in a contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Website to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Personal Data collected: email address, first name
Consenting & Controlling your personal information
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to the processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
By using this website, users agree to allow third parties to process their IP address, in order to determine their location for the purpose of currency conversion.
- IP Addresses: IP addresses are used by the User’s computer every time he’s connected to the Internet. The User’s IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify his computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by the Owner’s web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
In general, the third-party providers used by the Owner will only collect, use and disclose the user’s information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provided to the Owner.
Remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or the owner. So, if the users elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then their information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
The owner will not sell, distribute or lease user’s personal information to third parties unless with the user’s permission or if required by law.
The owner may use the user personal information to send a promotional information about third parties, that he finds interesting if the user informs that that is his/her wish.
The owner takes reasonable precautions and follows industry best practices to make sure the user’s personal information is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
The Owner is not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from the Owner’s Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership
In the event that the website (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, the user’s information would be considered part of those assets and may be part of those assets that are transferred.
Age of consent
By using this site, the users represent that they are at least the age of majority in their state or province of residence, or that they are the age of majority in their state or province of residence and have given us their consent to allow any of their minor dependents to use this site.
What Are Cookies?
How is the Information collected from cookies used?